The Globe – Why choose Exeter?
You will soon feel at home and be able to relax into the traditional English way of life in Exeter.
A thriving, lively city of 130,000 inhabitants, Exeter, with its magnificent Cathedral, has a great historic tradition and has seen the Romans, William the Conqueror, and many other illustrious figures. It is also a busy cultural centre with cinemas, theatres, excellent shops and sports facilities.
- Capital City of Devon, which has for the last century been the number one region for British holidaymakers and is the safest part of England to live in.
- Regularly voted number one English City for the Quality of Life due to its low crime and pollution rates, great cultural , recreational, welfare and commercial facilities.
- People have time to talk and still practise traditional English hospitality. You will soon feel part of a safe and friendly community.
- Sea and beaches within 20 minutes of the city centre and almost every sport available within the city.
- Important cultural centre with the highly rated Exeter University and Exeter College of Further Education.
- Easy access! Only 2 hours by train from London.
Experts in teaching English
The Globe is accredited by the British Council – a seal of quality education all over the world. We have been awarded Areas of Strength in British Council inspections – this means we can offer our students the very best in teaching, educational materials and facilities.
Founded in 1983, IALC is an award-winning, global network of independent language schools that teach the language of their country. Each IALC language centre meets high quality standards and delivers first-class language training plus accommodation, social and cultural activities, all with the personal touch of the independent language school.