Educational Groups :: Curriculum
This programme is aimed at 13-22 year old students and combines General English with a topic or topics chosen by the students’ school teachers. The topics often link to the students’ curriculum in their school. Each course is written specially for the school in question. This course can also be adapted to suit university students.
Schools are offered 15 hours of tuition and an afternoon activity programme including related school visits and integration. Alternatively, schools may prefer a more intensive programme of study with 21 or 22.5 hours of lessons. Short local visits can be arranged after classes. This programme includes an evening activity and weekend excursions are available on request.
We use communicative methodology with heavy emphasis on natural English, speaking and listening. Additional skills such as academic essay writing, text analysis etc can be included at your request. We can also help students prepare for internal exams as long as we have a clear brief of what the exam entails.
- Multi Culturalism in Britain (racism, immigration, integration …)
- Education in Britain (the school system, state vs private, higher education)
- Current Affairs (the media, the political system, education in Great Britain …)
- History – any period (the Reformation, the Industrial Revolution, The Victorians…)
- The Environment (global warming, recycling, alternative energy, endangered species…)
- Literature – any period / author / style (Agatha Christie, Arthur Conan Doyle, World War 1 poetry, Shakespeare…)
- Exeter and the surrounding area (tourism, local history, famous local people…)
- History of the South West (The Romans, The Pilgrim Fathers…)
- Contemporary Film and Literature (modern British poets, the films of Tarantino…)
- Globalisation (world trade, poverty, the impact of technology…)
- Human Rights (poverty, immigration, extreme political regimes…)
- Myths and Legends (King Arthur and the Arthurian legend, legends of Dartmoor…)
- Contemporary British Life (education, political system, racism in Great Britain…)
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for an individual quote.