This is a 2 week course for non-native teachers of English, offering a combination of 20 General English lessons and 8 creative methodology classes. The course is divided into 2 age ranges: primary and secondary/adults. We also offer Content and Language Integrated Learning - a refresher course for teachers of other academic subjects in English.
Where possible, we offer micro-teaching, observation of Globe teachers and visits to local schools during term time.
ADULT/SECONDARY METHODOLOGY - COURSE CONTENT
- Day 1 Introductory session - Needs Analysis/Icebreakers
- Day 2 Teaching Pronunciation
- Day 3 Creative Grammar Teaching
- Day 4 Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- Day 1 Communicative activities part 1
- Day 2 Communicative activities part 2
- Day 3 The Creative classroom part 1
- Day 4 The Creative classroom part 2 / Resources
PRIMARY METHODOLOGY - COURSE CONTENT
- Day 1 Needs Analysis / Teaching Children / Icebreakers & Group Formation Activities
- Day 2 Classroom Management or Computer-Assisted Language Learning (trainees' choice)
- Day 3 Teaching Vocabulary
- Day 4 Teaching Pronunciation
- Day 1 Communicative Activities part 1
- Day 2 Communicative Activities part 2
- Day 3 The Creative Classroom part 1
- Day 4 The Creative Classroom part 2 / Resources
CONTENT AND LANGAUGE INTEGRATED LEARNING (CLIL) - COURSE CONTENT
Opportunities to study specialist subjects in English at higher education level are increasing and CLIL is becoming part of the national curriculum in many countries. This course provides practical insights and ideas for both English language teachers and subject teachers required to teach school subjects in English.
- Day 1 Introduction to CLIL
- Day 2 Teaching Vocabulary
- Day 3 Communicative teaching part 1
- Day 4 Communicative teaching part 2
- Day 1 Reading and Listening
- Day 2 Writing
- Day 3 Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- Day 4 Lesson planning
Please contact us on email@example.com if you would like any advice or further information on this programme - the Globe team will be happy to help.