This programme is aimed at giving students some experience of the working life in Britain and at building their confidence in speaking English. Past placements include hotels, shops, offices and schools. Funding is available for EU citizens through ERASMUS – please contact your local British Council office for more information. Professional students and trainees may wish to do a placement in their own field of work to observe and share in British practices.
Overview of the course
- Age 16+
- Start dates – any Monday
- Recommended duration of the placement is minimum 4 weeks
- Free use of the self-access centre
- Social Programme – a choice of activities and excursions
- Students under the age of 18 will be required to join the junior activity programme on evenings and Saturdays. The activity programme will be given to students at the start of each week
- We recommend that students should follow a General English course at the Globe before their placement (minimum 1 week). To benefit from their placement students need to have reached an intermediate level of English although a lower level may be acceptable depending on the nature of the work experience. If a student’s English is not good enough to cope with the work experience, we recommend further study at the Globe to achieve the required level.
- Work experience placements are normally unpaid. However, if a student already at the Globe is looking for paid work then we will do our best to help them find legal employment locally.
If you are interested in the Work Experience programme, please contact us on email@example.com and the Globe team will be happy to help.